Khamis, 22 Oktober 2009

Symbiosis

When I was in primary school, my science teacher had taught me about symbiosis. It is basically a close ecological relationship between the individuals of two or more different species. Examples of symbiotic relationships are parasitism, mutualism and commensalism. Sometimes a symbiotic relationship benefits both species, sometimes one species benefits at the other's expense, and in other cases neither species benefits. Look on how this concept may be applied in our daily lives.

Parasitism

People in this type of relationship (the parasites) are people who always take advantage on you. They cannot live independently. They will suck you till death. Do avoid them because they are suckers. I call them a poor friend or relative who lived at the expense of another. When you posses any characteristic of a parasite, don't ask me why i run away from you.

Commensal

Commensalism is a class of relationship between two organisms where one organism benefits but the other is unaffected. I don’t really care with those who practice commensalism. So long they don’t harm me, I don’t give a damn. People in this kind of relationship easily come and go from our lives. But life is too short to be wasted for these type of persons. Why bother having relationship with them?

Mutualism

This kind of relationship is beneficial to both parties. Some mutualisms are so intimate that the interacting species can no longer live without each other; they have a mutually obligate interdependence. This is what I meant by a “relationship”. Both parties must gain benefit from the relationship. In life, I only interested to have this kind of relationship. Call me cute choosy, I don’t care. In the end, I’ll be the one who suffer/get benefit for what I’ve chosen.

2 ulasan:

♛ LORD ZARA 札拉 ♛ berkata...

I met some parasites along my journey as a student, just hope no more parasites when I'm start working next week~

benazirjb berkata...

sangat susah menjadi manusia